Everyone is currently healthy and happy at Latched Mama, but while we continue to navigate the upcoming weeks and possibly months, we wanted to reach out and share a few things with you.
Latched Mama has always been a labor of love for our family. From the early days of juggling two kids in the dining room turned warehouse, to now being a mom of five in a real warehouse filled with employees, we have always tried to balance business with the need for kindness, empathy, and support in the mothering space.
In doing so, we have built an amazing community online as well as in our local community. We have moms who show up every day to work with smiles on their faces, ready to serve you all and the brand. We realize that larger brands are sending their employees home with full pay, closing their doors, and taking their websites offline. They are doing all they possibly can to stop the spread of this serious virus, and for that, we are grateful.
However, that simply isn't a realistic option for us. In all honesty, we must stay open, sell clothes, and fulfill your orders to keep our team members employed. That's the nature of small business- a small business that employs moms in walks of life and all socio-economic situations. This is an unprecedented situation for all of us, and we will continue to move forward together (but not too close together) and do our part to slow the spread of the virus.
What we are doing:
- Employees that can work from home are being encouraged to do so.
- Team members who lack child care are allowed to bring their school-aged children to the office. They are given a specific space away from others, and social distancing rules are observed.
- We are sanitizing everything, everywhere, multiple times a day.
- We are not allowing any visitors or outside individuals to visit the warehouse.
- Employees who are coming to work are observing social distancing rules in the warehouse as well as outside the workplace.
- At any question of illness, our employees will stay at home and will be paid for their time away.
Mostly, we want to thank you for your love and support during this time. If you are at home and feeling lost, lonely or overwhelmed by social distancing, please don't hesitate to call us (844-500-1325)! We can't hug you, but we will happily share our latest Netflix binges or favorite snack recipes. We are all walking this road together. Pregnancy, postpartum, and motherhood can be trying without the added stress of viruses and isolation. We will always answer the phone and promise you'll feel better on the other side.