Hi! I figured that it was about time that I "checked in" and updated you all on what was going on in the world of Latched Mama!!
What a crazy few weeks it has been!! We spent the first weekend in October in Philly as a vendor at MommyCon. It was a great experience! We got to play with the "big dogs" and although it was intimidating to look at our hand painted walls and make shift dressing room compared to their professional set ups, I feel like we held our own nicely! It was ton of work to get ready for it and half of the clothes didn't make it in time, but I still had a great day and met some amazing mamas! Seriously, it's shows like that and interacting with you all that really makes this whole thing work for me. I know it sounds corny, and you will hear me say it all of the time, but I am truly doing this to support other moms. I know what it is like to try to find nursing friendly clothing.
After MommyCon, I took my boys down to spend some time with my parents in Florida. We came home to the shipments we had been waiting for and got to work! My husband is the "brains" behind the online aspects of the company and when he told me that he was going to "turn some stuff on" I assumed that maybe we would have an increase of traffic to the site. That has happened, but sales have happened right along side it! It's been wonderful, but the past two weeks have felt like I have given birth to an infant without the ten months of planning that come before it. My toddler is acting out, my husband and I are sleep deprived and out family's clean eating routine is no longer clean. But it's ok! We're working to get systems in place, some help with the boys, and eventually everything out of our dining room and to a fulfillment center!
We are quickly flying through inventory and as much as I'd like to avoid it, we're running 100mph into a brick wall of being sold out of many things. But the good news is that more things are ordered and with every generation of product, there are opportunities for development, change and improvement. I have been gathering your feedback over the past few days and I'm excited to let you know what's in the works!
You all have made this latest order happen and I want to make sure that you feel a part of things!
- All sleeves will now be 27" from the shoulder. If you have one of our long sleeve shirts, the sleeves will be that length.
- Sizes will be up to XXL and in some cases XXXL
-The sweatshirt tunic will be coming in black, cream, and a darker grey. I have added about an inch to the midsection.
- We have a new hoodie that is the same weight as the tunic. Once again and inch has been added to all sizes and it will be offered in black and darker grey.
- Another new pullover with the cowl neck (like the tunic), the tunic weight, side access, and front pocket- in black, red, and pink
- A cool long sleeve striped shirt with side access in black and white and green and white
- A normal sweatshirt like shirt (think Gap's reverse raglan terry sweatshirt) with side access and raglan sleeves, one in shades of orange and one in shades of green
- Grey shirt tunics and more of the black and purple and pink and black shirts currently on the site.
- And last but not least, some new tshirts, and some screen printed Latched Mama ones so you all can start the Latched Mama revolution!
Like before, the numbers of each thing will be pretty limited. I'm still testing the market and testing styles and manufacturers so placing a super large order of one item is not only really expensive but it's also a little terrifying. A fabulous mama emailed me yesterday and thanked me for being "fearless"- it made my day, but as we grow and this stops being a little "labor of love" and much more real, there are moments of trepidation.
So please keep the feedback coming and thank you all so much for being so kind and supportive. If there are particular styles you would like see, please let me know. We will build this brand together! I have very lofty goals with this and we WILL normalize affordable nursing wear!